Logo

BF90D - Pee Hole pipe flooded engine case

SamBrink

Hi

so i took my boat out today, for a test run.
Everything seemed fine then notices a milkshake brewing in the engine cover (leaking out)
Switched off immediately, took her home on the sneaker motor

When i get home i see the pee hole pipe popped off and seemingly flooded the casing, which i can only assume caused water ingress into the oil tubes at the top of the set mount.

Ive heard of this happening before.
I forgot to zip tie the pipe so when it popped off it flooded the engine cover and of course the sump.

Ive drained and removed the oil filter, and ran about 5L of oil through the system,

Next procedure for me will be to flush with a new filter and oil, drain and put new filter and oil in.

Is my logic flawed with how the water got into the sump,? Motor started ran and no beeps etc.

is there anything i can do in this instance? I checked the plugs were dry and there was not oil/water ingress into the combustion chambers

thanks again for the advice:

Should be fine, just make sure you cable tie the hose. Clean the exterior of the power head thoroughly with the lower could removed and spray entire power head with corrosion guard or similar. Also remove starter and check the water hasn't got into the flywheel housing

Thanks! appreciated:) Such small detail can cause so much havoc:(
Got a Shop manual now. I'm lucky that I wasn't in salt water.

If i fund water under the starter, what must i do?

regards

Sam

Thankfully dry:) i filled with new oil and filter and ran for 40 mins, drained oil again, Will repeat process until oil is clean.
Just Expensive... $$$$$ in South African money its about 75USD a pop, but using GUD Honda Fit/Jazz Oil filters until its clean then will put new OEM filter on

Wonderful thanks!

Just some feedback. After running her well, oil colour returned to normal.

I am getting the following symptoms still:

Start, rough idle and engine dies.
Start again, lift idle lever picks up revs, and dies
Start again, let her warm up..
Engage throttle, lack of power, runs up to 4000 RPM, after 30 seconds full power kicks in and I can go up to 5500.

So strangely very low power, below 4000 RPM and then it wakes up after running for a while. My suspicion is either the IAT valve or a small fuel system leak somewhere, the primer bulb never really gets hard to the point where I am used to. I might add.

With the lack of bottom end, ill never be able to get a Skier out of the water.

Last edited:
Sounds like a misfire then the cylinders cuts in as t higher RPM, do a cylinder drop test under load at around 2000rpm by unplugging the coils one at a time to see if they all make a diffrrence

Back