Logo

Looking for engine machine shop near Annapolis, Maryland

IH82BL8

I decided to rebuild the 5.7's over the Winter. Can anyone recommend a shop for machining and hopefully balancing for these rebuilds. Thanks.

Ha ha ha ha ha! I don't mean to seem like I am making fun of you but the sad reality is that all machine shops in the DMV are fully booked for at least a year out. Everyone has put their toys in the shop for repair during the pandemic and places like machine shops and restoration garages are so backlogged that it's crazy. I dunno. Maybe you'll get lucky, but the good shops with the best reputation are just packed up solid. Another issue is parts. Your engines may get tied up for indefinite periods waiting for parts that are on backorder. Just a bad time to be rebuilding. Is there some huge compelling reason to rebuild those lumps rather than getting some remanufactured long blocks that are already done? That's always the cheaper/faster way to go.

I live in Annapolis and repowered my Crusader 270's two winters back. There are only a few machine shops in the area and they are backed up big time as o2batsea posted. If I were repowering now I would order two new long blocks rather than the machine shop rebuild.

Back