Logo

2013 Yamaha F300 will not crank

Jhrook00

Today I ran in a shallow lagoon and the motor stopped peeing for a minute or so. I cranked it again and it ran for a few seconds with no alarms and killed. After that it would turn over but not crank. I’m not sure exactly how hot it got because the digital gauge readout is dull. I’ve had it in mud worse than this and the hot Alarm has gone off and after the engine cooled it was fine. I’m well aware they are not made to go in mud lol. Sometimes it happens in SE LA. Any ideas of the problem and the possible cost for repairs? TIA

Confused. Title says will not crank. Body of message says that it will turn over but not crank.

If the starter motor is turning the outboard motor then it is cranking. I suspect that you mean that it is cranking but not starting.

That’s what I meant. Turns out I was driving myself crazy thinking it was something major. It’s just coincidental that it happened after I was in a little mud. I had a mechanic go through it today and i have a bad HP fuel pump. Appreciate the reply.

I'm sorry about your boat. This is of course extremely unpleasant. That's why I don't want to buy my own boat because I don't like to do repairs and I understand that problems may arise with it. When I want to go out into the open ocean, I turn to miami boat rentals and choose a vessel that suits me in terms of technical parameters and appearance. I am sure that in such places the maintenance of yachts is carefully monitored and I am sure that I will not have any problems. Maybe you should think about it too?

I'm sorry about your boat. This is of course extremely unpleasant. That's why I don't want to buy my own boat because I don't like to do repairs and I understand that problems may arise with it. When I want to go out into the open ocean, I turn to miami boat rentals and choose a vessel that suits me in terms of technical parameters and appearance. I am sure that in such places the maintenance of yachts is carefully monitored and I am sure that I will not have any problems. Maybe you should think about it too?
Silliest first post I have ever read.

Thank you for contributing to the forum. I got a chuckle out of your message.

Back