Logo

First Time Post BF115 Trim Tilt Removal

I-Underdog

Hello All,
My first time here. I have been reading this forum for a while, it's a great resource - Thank You.

I have a 2002 BF115 on a Sea Pro 190. I've had it for a year and I love this thing. Runs good and seems to be reliable. I did all the tune up maintenance last year and I am getting very familiar with it. So I need to remove my Trim Tilt assembly. It leaks down the back, and out of one of the trim rams. Gonna have it rebuilt.

I know one of the engine brackets will need to be loosened to slip it out.. I am thinking I will do the Port side... But I think I read, you should do starboard side. Anyone have any insight on this ? Advice ? Tips. I don't have an engine hoist, So I am looking for ideas on how to support the engine.. perhaps a wood block on top of the transom (between the transom and engine)... or maybe a come along off my garage rafters... We're not really lifting the 500 lbs, we're just providing some support right ? Any Tips or Advice ?

OK Thank You

Chris N
NC

Might be time to rent a cherry picker? Most tool rental outfits have them available, and if you have a local Harbor Freight they sell one plenty big enough (1000lb) for maybe 125. I got one a couple years ago on sale for 99. They fold up nice to be out of the way when not in use.

The brackets would be easy enough to have the weight removed from them, but to service/get to the pump for access, it needs to be in the tilted position as well. I don't know how you would manage both in a safe manner (safe for you and the motor) without it being on a lift. Removing from the transom completely makes the job MUCH easier....

Back