Logo

1989 Yamaha pro 50 Boggs under a load

Matt95

[FONT=&quot]I have a 1989 Yamaha pro 50 that is bogging down under a load. In neutral it will free rev no problem but as soon as it put it in gear and under a load and give it throttle it misses and bogs down. It’s a 3 cyl compression is 120-top cyl, 118 middle cyl, 120- bottom cyl. It had 3 brand new coils, new rectifier, good stater, good rectifier, carbs have been cleaned and new reeds. When I replaced the stater it ran good for one morning then started running bad again. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I have a 1989 Yamaha pro 50 that is bogging down under a load. In neutral it will free rev no problem but as soon as it put it in gear and under a load and give it throttle it misses and bogs down. It’s a 3 cyl compression is 120-top cyl, 118 middle cyl, 120- bottom cyl. It had 3 brand new coils, new rectifier, good stater, good rectifier, carbs have been cleaned and new reeds. When I replaced the stater it ran good for one morning then started running bad again. [/FONT]
Matt I have the same motor and same problem. If I play with the primer toggle switch it will kick in and run fine across the lake. As soon as I go back to neutral or turn it off it does the same thing. Have you found out what the cause is?

Back