Logo

Seems to run on 1/2 cylinders after startup.

Kevinwds

I have a 1992 nitro 180fs with a 1992 Johnson 150 gt. It always starts when cold using one push of choke. After fast idle seems to come off I try to throttle up to higher speed. It wont go beyond 2000 rpm and wont get on plane. I,ll pull back try again same thing. Blowing unburnt fuel from exhaust.Turn off, Let sit for 20 minutes and then start not using choke just turning key will then have full power to easily get up 50mph. No sirens go off but not certain that system works for sure. Any ideas? Thanks

You said your motor is a 92 model.------Are you sure it is ?----Pictures of engine block ?----Model # of your motor ?

The EN makes it a 1992 model.----The parts book shows a shift switch on this motor.----Your results may vary.----Or post picture of starboard side of engine block !!

Thanks for taking the time to try to help. Boat is at my cabin I'll be going up tomorrow.
Also noticed kill switch is not working. Fouling plugs quickly with gas being blown out exhaust. Probably more than one issue. I was going to replace power pack but then saw post about interrupter switch on similar year motors

They may not be a magic fix.----Trouble shooting on your part must be done.-----How did it run for you last season ??-----What position is the red lever in on the electric primer valve ?

Back