Logo

2003 BF 130 stalling,

occh

Contributing Member
So, since I’ve owned my boat (4 years) it has never stalled , not once! It has stalled twice the last two times I used the boat. First time was at idle while I was fishing and the second time, I throttled back to neutral from running to a fishing spot. I came down to neutral rather quickly on this one. I know two stalls normally wouldn’t alarm anyone and it started right up, but again 4 years not one stall. I normally use my boat a lot 3-4 times a week,but not so much this season , sometimes it sits for 7-10 days without use. So definitely older gas in it also this season. I put alittle fresh gas in with some stabilizer and was going to change the water separator filter. I change this filter once in the beginning of the season. Anything else I could check ?

thank you

When was the motor last servivced properly, you will not find a fault stored if you haven't had an alarm.Start with compression test, then Check your fuel cooler isn't blocked, check the IAC screen is clean and check the thermostat is not stuck open causing engine yo run very rich.

When was the motor last servivced properly, you will not find a fault stored if you haven't had an alarm.Start with compression test, then Check your fuel cooler isn't blocked, check the IAC screen is clean and check the thermostat is not stuck open causing engine yo run very rich.

Thank you

Back