Logo

What happened?

willow

Regular Contributor
Cruising at 1500 RPM with twin Crusaders (1991 350CID) when the stbd engine suddenly shuts down. Will not restart. Get home on one engine and start “proofing systems”. Getting gas at carb. ( Rochester Quadrajets). Consider electrical and put on new cap and rotor plus ignition module and new coil …..engine rolls over but will not start.

Now ijhere is the weird thing .. 48 hours later the engine starts and I run it at 2000 RPM for about 10 minutes. I shut it down and 30 minutes later I try another start. Engine rolls over but will not start.

This weekend I am pulling the distributor and putting a new ignition pick up coil.

A few years ago I had a similar problem where the engine would start ( sometimes) and other times no start. Found the ignition picks- coil had a melted part on it. Changed it and was fully serviceable.

IF…if. the next change does not work…. any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks

Welcome back, Stranger!

Going on the premise that no spark is the issue, I'd say there's not much left...ignition switch, (potential) circuit breaker under the dash, for the ignition, bad wiring/connector...

Back