Logo

BF8D Wiring Harness Connector Replacement

Dan Marion

The two-parts plastic connector that links the motor harness to the battery to charge the battery has dried, cracked and fell apart. I looked up Boats.net for the part. It seems that the connector alone is not sold. You have to buy the entire wiring harness at $135US. I am tempted to replace both connecting parts with another type of waterproof connectors with the same wire gauge. Cost is about $10. Do you see any problem doing this?
Thanks.
Dan

Correction to my previous post. The charging cable alone is available and is sold at $40. Part number 31575-ZW9-000. I might go for it. But still... can I use a cheaper set of connector?
Thanks
Dan

Absolutely!
A Weather-Pak connector or any quality water sealed connector would work just fine.

As a matter of fact, simply eliminating the connector, soldering and shrink wrapping a "hard wire" splice will work too and probably present less resistance in the circuit than a pull apart connection.

It's just wiring and depends more on your preference. To "keep it stock" or not is YOUR choice.
Good luck.

While it sounds like you have a source for what you need, here is another:

Ballenger Motor Sports sells quality wiring and connectors

https://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/index.php/cPath/119

Last edited:
Excellent! Thanks.

Since I remove the motor to store it inside each winter, a set of easy-connect is preferable.

Have a great day!

Dan

Back