Logo

350 XL 1997 ...motor mounts on center?

Blackfin27

Contributing Member
Does anyone happen to know the mounting bolt dimensions? I'm looking at a replacement engine bolting on 23.50" on center. Was hoping this may line up?

I'm taking a hard look at replacing my 270's with the Marine Power 5.7 MPI/FWC 292 hp rated. They have a Left and Right available, no catalytic converter. I can rebuild my 71C 1.88. Since Crusader is out of this game, this appears to be the best 5.7 drop in out there.

if you are asking about the Port-Starboard spacing of the stringers, all the domestic OEMs use 22.5" OC...most mounts will have enough adjustment to handle minor variations.

if you are asking about the Port-Starboard spacing of the stringers, all the domestic OEMs use 22.5" OC...most mounts will have enough adjustment to handle minor variations.

Yes, thank you, would the existing Crusader 350 be on the same pattern? my mounts are flanged off the stringers....I'm trying to determine if the Marine Power would 'drop-in'.

Marine Power indicates 22.50" OC in the 'manual', however one schematic calls out 23.50" OC with some wiggle.

It won't 'drop in' but is real close, as far as the mounts go...the crusader mount uses a lag that goes thru the center...the MP mounts are like mercruiser mounts in that they use two lags thru the 'ears'.... whether it is a little work or a lot of work depends upon how much 'flange' is used and its dimensions....the mounts bolt to the same pads on the block so 'nominally' they are located on the same centers...

There are likely differences in the exhaust that will require mods and the harness connectors, too.

Overall, I would say it may be a lot to tweak but none of it is hard...

Back