Logo

2005 Yamaha HPDI LZ200XTR

YamahaHPDI

Good afternoon,

I am having an issue with my HPDI motor (LZ200XTR)

When attempting to get the motor on plane, I am only able to get to a maximum of 2800 RPM's. It is also idling rough at 500 rpm. (After replacing spark plugs, it idles at good at 800. After parking and then restarting , it idles rough at 500rpm)

So far, we have replaced:

all new fuel lines

New pump bulb
Every filter including the mystery filters
Swapped VST from a known working parts motor
Sent the injectors off for servicing/ cleaning
New neutral position sensor
New throttle cables
Old fuel was removed and replaced with new non ethanol fuel with added ring free
New plugs
Swapped ECU from parts motor
Replaced low pressure fuel pumps

This motor was purchased from a person who had the same problem and finally just got sick of working on it.
If anyone has any more suggestions for us, it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S I am sure there are more parts that were replaced/ swapped that I am forgetting.

Check the shift switch, you will need a computer to check it out. If the motor does not get a signal from it when starting up then when u put it it in gear and add RPM’s it will start to drop cylinders until it will bog out and die. If u don’t have a computer then u will need to look at the little switch by the shift slide, it should be pushed in when in neutral and open when in gear. They are a pain in the but to do without a computer because u don’t know if it’s on or off

When using the YDS and laptop today, I was showing all pistons in use. I also changed out the position sensor near the throttle cables today with no change.

When using the YDS and laptop today, I was showing all pistons in use. I also changed out the position sensor near the throttle cables today with no change.

ok in hear yes all should fire, in neutral only 4,
so if in neutral it’s the shift sensor, look under monitor I think 4 is the YDS hot key I forget, but it should say shift switch ON in neutral and off in gear, it needs to say ON before you start it up or it’s going to bog out cuz it sets the timing in a locked mode so you don’t blow up the motor if u rev it up

So you're saying check to make sure the neutral position switch is saying ON while the motors are turned off/ accessory mode?

I replaced the switch today from my local Yamaha dealer and it did not change anything... Unless there is a way to calibrate it, I'm not sure it is that.

I also just finished cleaning every ground wire I could find on the boat. Hoping that might help.

Back