Logo

2006 BF150 only runs with prime button pushed in

Hunter1877

I bought this boat knowing it hasn’t been in the water in 5 years, took it home, changed fuel pump and the filter to it, the filter before it right after vapor separator, unstuck the needle valve in the float, all new plugs, new gas and it fired right up, sounded amazing runs like a top….until I let off the button next to my key (assuming it runs the fuel pump) I also took off the mechanical pump and verified it pumps fuel as I pushed the rear in and out. I’m at a loss and so frustrated I’m ready to sell it, the kids are all so excited to go out on the water and I don’t want to let them down. Any help appreciated, I’m praying someone has had this issue and it’s an easy fix, thank you in advance

Next to the key? are you talking about the stop switch?? Just curious, I don't have this model, but I have only ever seen the stop switch next to the key on most boats. If it is the kill switch, it may have a bad spring or is malfunctioning. If you are getting fuel to the carb, it should stay running, so it makes me think you are holding something that cuts the ignition, or a stop switch of some kind that usually has the safety leash clip. Do you have a photo of the button in question?

No sooner than I posted this I looked up the part (next to the key) it’s in fact the lanyard kill switch….I feel like an idiot now🤣🤣🤣🤣 oh well she’s running great and can’t wait to put her in the water!!!
Next to the key? are you talking about the stop switch?? Just curious, I don't have this model, but I have only ever seen the stop switch next to the key on most boats. If it is the kill switch, it may have a bad spring or is malfunctioning. If you are getting fuel to the carb, it should stay running, so it makes me think you are holding something that cuts the ignition, or a stop switch of some kind that usually has the safety leash clip. Do you have a photo of the button in question?

Back