Logo

'73 PCM Waukesha Ford 302

Just bought a boat with this engine. Any links/leads to manuals/parts/anything about this engine is greatly appreciated. Can I use stock auto parts for this engine, say from NAPA?

your best bet for literature would be over at correctcraftfan.com....they have a reference section with a slew of manuals from that vintage.

As far as parts, maybe the spark plugs, and the distributor service parts from Napa...but you gotta watch what they are selling....unless they have a specific marine listing, the spark plug lead set is likely too short.

your best bet for literature would be over at correctcraftfan.com....they have a reference section with a slew of manuals from that vintage.
As far as parts, maybe the spark plugs, and the distributor service parts from Napa...but you gotta watch what they are selling....unless they have a specific marine listing, the spark plug lead set is likely too short.

Thanks! That is a start.

I had a pair of these a while back. Rebuilt them and then never did anything with em. Pleasurecraft Marine still exists, but no longer use the Ford marine engine.
Yes, you must use the marine parts. These engines have special forged cranks, rods, pistons, sodium filled exhaust valves, special marine cam, and the blocks are high in nickel content. All around not a car engine. Think industrial. Our hosts carry the tune up parts
IMG_0532.jpg

As for things like hoses and alternators and pumps and stuff, you might need to go a little deeper. I can't recall all the places I had to go to find stuff like a marine mechanical fuel pump but there are resources out there. Just google ford marine.

Shamrock, Carver, and Correct-Craft all used these engines so they were and still are out in the world being used every day

Last edited:
I had a pair of these a while back. Rebuilt them and then never did anything with em. Pleasurecraft Marine still exists, but no longer use the Ford marine engine.
Yes, you must use the marine parts. These engines have special forged cranks, rods, pistons, sodium filled exhaust valves, special marine cam, and the blocks are high in nickel content. All around not a car engine. Think industrial. Our hosts carry the tune up partsView attachment 27779

As for things like hoses and alternators and pumps and stuff, you might need to go a little deeper. I can't recall all the places I had to go to find stuff like a marine mechanical fuel pump but there are resources out there. Just google ford marine.
Shamrock, Carver, and Correct-Craft all used these engines so they were and still are out in the world being used every day

Thanks for the heads up. So, do you still have one of the rebuilds you never did anything with?

Sorry man donated them to the local VFD for their charity auction and took the tax write off. That paint is POR-15 Engine Enamel in Ford Blue. I brushed it into the small crannies and finished with the spray gun. Two coats.

Back