Logo

Yamaha F60AET circuit breaker for PTT motor

thejollysinker

I have a 20 year old F60 that requires new circuit breaker for the PTT motor and have been quoted a ridiculous sum for a stock part to be sent from Japan on a two week wait.

Does anyone know what the rating is for one of these as I want to try and get a cheaper replacement but cannot find out the rating? (no info in the manual...)

thanks, Gary

marineengine.com is based in Virginia. Ex capital of the Confederacy. USA.

There may be similar aftermarket trim motor suppliers in Europe.

there is but what you pay in $'s we pay similar prices in £'s....

would rather fix the problem as the motor is still functional and circuit breakers don't cost much if ou know what rating to buy :)

Perhaps contact some companies that offer the refurbishment of trim and tilt units for sale and see if they have a source for a cheap breaker.

OEM companies are not dumb. They do all that they can to not disclose to the general public from whom they source component parts. A good reason for doing so although it makes them look greedy at times.

cheers mate, I'll have a dig around to see what I can find....

I would say that £132 ($182) for a tiny circuit breaker is extortionate, not just greed! I'd be surprised if they could sell any at that price... lol

I certainly would not waste my time and money on it. Replace the breaker and then something else fails. Brushes perhaps. Armature.

I would just throw an aftermarket motor on there and be back on the water.

You remind me of my dearly departed mum. She always wanted her stuff fixed. Hated to have to buy something new. Could not convince her to buy a new state of the art toaster. She wanted her 40 year old toasted fixed. Even if a component within the old and tired toaster cost more than a brand damn new one.

nah, I'm too tight (plus my missus says I spend enough on the boat as it is) and I'm sure I can get round it one way or another.

Your mum was just like my dearly departed dad then, always on the fix and only buying new when absolutely necessary.

I bet that toaster was a work of art :eek:

Back