Logo

Detroit Diesel MD706MH (VM Motori)?

buddy13

I am on the lookout for a small cabin cruiser.

I found a 262 Monterey, but seller was not being honest so I walked away. If you are bothered you may want to see my original post here- http://www.marineengine.com/boat-fo...-2L-D-Tronic-250-on-Monterey-262-CR-Year-2002

Since then, I have now found a Monterey 256 Cruiser from 1995. It originally had a V8 Volvo Penta Petrol (gas) engine, but since 20004 it has been fitted with a 230hp Detroit Diesel/VM Engine Engine Type - 97B & Version - V42 (whatever those mean) , coupled to a Volvo Penta DP 290 Sterndrive. The boat looks to be in nice condition for her age, however I do not know much about the Engine/SD combo.

We will perform sea trial with a mechanic and survey it next Wednesday.

Do you have some info/advice on the particular Engine in question? Thanks in advance :)!

Ok, the link doesn't work because the word "spe******t" is redacted for some reason.
Sorry about that.

Maybe you can type in the address and try it that way or below is the contact address that is in the article

info@vmdieselspe******t.co.uk

Good luck.

P.S. and, again, the spe******t portion is redacting for some reason that likely only this Forum's moderaters would know. Aggravating.

Aggravating like when they redact the word "*****" when used with the word "eye" when trying to describe something difficult to see. I will try "naped eye" and see what the robot censor does with THAT.

SHEESH!

Last edited:
Back