Logo

Brace Attachment

pwskicat

Regular Contributor
1995 350 Magnum EFI Tournament Ski, ser. #0F562552

Installing new alternator when I found this little gem left by a previous owner. #1: Alternator belt tension brace jammed behind sea water pump brace bolted to block. #2: Unbolting reveals 2 bolt holes, one of which is rusted. #3: Bolting alternator brace to bottom hole hangs up sea water brace on the bolt head, and alternator brace doesn't want to line up up with lower bolt hole to attach both. #4: Tapped upper hole to restore threads and bolted both braces there.

This works, but does anybody know how the braces are really supposed to bolt up? I looked at the factory service manual and there is no illustration.

Many thanks for your help, PW

Attachments

• BOLT1.jpg
    BOLT1.jpg
    263.6 KB · Views: 32
  • BOLT2.jpg
    BOLT2.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 24
  • BOLT3.jpg
    BOLT3.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 26
  • BOLT4.jpg
    BOLT4.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 24
sadly details like what you are after could usually be found in the B&W pictures in the service manual but the new manuals are all line drawings.

what you did looks consistent with the marring of the paint...if the pulleys are all true I wouldn't put anymore effort into it...

sadly details like what you are after could usually be found in the B&W pictures in the service manual but the new manuals are all line drawings.

what you did looks consistent with the marring of the paint...if the pulleys are all true I wouldn't put anymore effort into it...

Thanks, mako!

Back