Logo

8.1 raw water pump RA057035

poolboy68

Hello, I'm looking for a work around or used replacement for this pump... all suppliers are telling me it's no longer available. Thanks for any help! Jim

Any reason you can't rebuild what you have now?

Crusader used a couple different pumps on the 8.1's...so not having the serial number doesn't help in identifying your specific pump.

Finally, crusader typically uses an 'off the shelf' (3rd party) pump vs getting a 'custom' made unit...many times, a close inspection of the existing pump will yield the make and model number and let you buy the the necessary parts from a wider supply base.

Any reason you can't rebuild what you have now?

Crusader used a couple different pumps on the 8.1's...so not having the serial number doesn't help in identifying your specific pump.

Finally, crusader typically uses an 'off the shelf' (3rd party) pump vs getting a 'custom' made unit...many times, a close inspection of the existing pump will yield the make and model number and let you buy the the necessary parts from a wider supply base.

HI, thanks for the quick answer. The RA057035 is the serial/model number for the pump. Crusader didn't use sherwood or others for that pump, hence the issue. I managed to "save" my pump by swapping out the bearing assembly that fits across the 5.7 & 6.0 liter crusader engine raw water pumps. BUT the pump housing itself in no longer available. That's why I'm looking for a long term solution via retro fit or used pump body to keep on the shelf in my garage. Thanks!!

RA057035 is neither the serial or model number for that pump - it is Crusader's part number.

The bearings aren't specific to the pumps - you can get them at any decent bearing supply house, usually for much less than 50% of the 'OEM MSRP". other parts are usually pump specific.

From the parts listings and some limited experience, Crusader used the crank driven pumps on the 'early' 8.1s and then switched over to a hard mounted pump...the parts listings I have suggests you have a 2005 or newer hard mounted pump.

one approach would be to go back to the 'older' crank mounted pumps (sherwood P110 <OEM> or a Johnson f6b-9)...but it may require a different crank pulley and likely different hoses.

another would be to check with the tech support departments at the pump houses. I'd be amazed if Crusader sank all of the NRE to have a unique part.

The last option would be to see if a mercruiser or volvo pump is easy to adapt...I'm certain Merc had a hard mounted raw water pump driven off the serpentine belt...

HI Mako, thanks for staying on this. The bearing assembly is common which is how I'm still running. The RA057035 number is cast into the pump along with "Pleasurecraft Engine Group" there is a stamped number "706D264" that doesn't yield anything usable on the web. The pre 05' 8.1's used a crank mounted raw water pump. Those motors also had crank position sensor issues and a few local mechanics think that maybe why they moved the pump off the crank ( a theory that's not completely crazy). I called Pleasurecraft and they were not helpful about the original supplier of the pump. Depco says NLA and had no other info. I'm going to pick up a Merc pump see if it's close enough or can be modified. Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming if you can. Best, Jim

HI Mako, thanks for staying on this. The bearing assembly is common which is how I'm still running. The RA057035 number is cast into the pump along with "Pleasurecraft Engine Group" there is a stamped number "706D264" that doesn't yield anything usable on the web. The pre 05' 8.1's used a crank mounted raw water pump. Those motors also had crank position sensor issues and a few local mechanics think that maybe why they moved the pump off the crank ( a theory that's not completely crazy). I called Pleasurecraft and they were not helpful about the original supplier of the pump. Depco says NLA and had no other info. I'm going to pick up a Merc pump see if it's close enough or can be modified. Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming if you can. Best, Jim

Jim, I have a pair of the older 8.1's which I just rebuilt and installed this year. I'm running the crank mounted pumps (Sherwood 110's). They're not know to run for many years without the shaft seal leaking but they're an easy rebuild so I'm going with them. I know that Crusader came up with a belt driven/retrofit setup specifically for these engines so maybe that's an option. The issue is that once the seal fails, it sprays water all over the engine but I solved that by sealing the top weep holes with butyl tape. Now if it leaks, it will only be out of the bottom holes and into the bilge.

Bob

Hi Bob, I see the retrofit to the crank as my worst case scenario... so that's not too bad. I love the way these motors perform, it's just a shame the support for them is rapidly fading out. Best, Jim

Hi Bob, I see the retrofit to the crank as my worst case scenario... so that's not too bad. I love the way these motors perform, it's just a shame the support for them is rapidly fading out. Best, Jim

Honestly, after having the belt driven Sherwoods on my 454's, I'll gladly rebuild these every other year if needed. The convenience of a crank mount plus the ease of impeller changes is a big plus.

I agree, Pleasurecraft wants nothing to do with any end users. They never return calls or emails.

Back