Logo

Yamaha 40hp 4 stroke 2013 stalls

Benlearmonth

my yamaha 40hp 4 stroke stalls while travelling just under full revs, pump the bulb and seems to regain revs, dealer has changed fuel pump, and cleaned full system ect, could it be the priming bulb as everthing else has been changed.

Any ideas or suggestions please. cheers

Is this a new motor and new problem to you or is this a motor you know well that is presenting a previously unknown issue??? Your post reminded me of a last year. My brother bought a boat that was doing the same thing last year. We finally figured out that the previous owner had installed a through hull fuel fitting that was too small. We bypassed it and immediately felt the difference when priming the bulb. The problem was solved. We replace the through hull with the larger correct size and the motor starving at high load problem was fixed. A 40 HP shouldn't pull too much fuel, but just follow your fuel line double check to make sure there re no pinch points and Good luck to you. Peace

Is this a new motor and new problem to you or is this a motor you know well that is presenting a previously unknown issue??? Your post reminded me of a last year. My brother bought a boat that was doing the same thing last year. We finally figured out that the previous owner had installed a through hull fuel fitting that was too small. We bypassed it and immediately felt the difference when priming the bulb. The problem was solved. We replace the through hull with the larger correct size and the motor starving at high load problem was fixed. A 40 HP shouldn't pull too much fuel, but just follow your fuel line double check to make sure there re no pinch points and Good luck to you. Peace

yer its going back in the shop next week will let you no what they find and do, it is getting worse dies allot easyier, only after trolling at low speeds then open up and then dies

Back