Logo

BF15D3 "Flash Valve"?

--JR--

Anyone know what the "Flash Value" does next to the thermostat?

IMG_4070.jpg

I just acquired this motor and put it in the water today.

It has a small amount of water dripping from the hole pictured which is for the Flash Valve. "Small" as in it might take a whole day to collect a cup, 3 drips per minute.

Port looks a little bit corroded and I suspect the corrosion is preventing a full seal.

Thanks folks!

That hole is a flush point, a special adaptor 06190-ZV1-860 screws into that hole and you can then connect a garden hose and flush the motor without the motor running. Inside the hole is a valve which is opened by the hose water pressure and a spring provides back pressure on the valve to reseal the hole when the hose water pressure is turned off. Like mine it is likely that crud build-up has stopped the valve from working properly. If you don't want to take the water jacket cover off to try and fix it, just get an M8 stainless bolt and cut the shaft length to 10mm, put an o-ring on it and gently screw it into the hole to seal it off.

Thanks very much Brooker, I'll give that a shot!

I'd rather not pull the thermostat housing right now as it seems to work properly and I'm trying to sell the unit. Opening it might create other problems to fix. ;)

Back