Logo

30 hp evinrude outboard

Chrissy

I'm not sure of the year late 90s I think. Our problem is it starts n goes for a short time then quits n won't start for a couple hrs then does it all over again. Someone online told my husband mayb it was the oil pump so he bypassed it to no avail. Is there a sensor or something that might b causing this

???---Are you mixing gas and oil at 50:1 ?---There is no automatic oil injection on 30 HP motors as a rule.--Unless it the rare unit inside the fuel tank.--So what pump did he bypass ??----What trouble shooting are you prepared to do ?----Have you replaced the water pump impeller ?----Is your motor overheating ?--What did this oil pump look like?-----Picture of this " oil pump " that was bypassed ?---Pictures of this motor ?----Or is it a 3 cylinder 25 / 35 HP Model ?

Re: 35 hp evinrude outboard

???---Are you mixing gas and oil at 50:1 ?---There is no automatic oil injection on 30 HP motors as a rule.--Unless it the rare unit inside the fuel tank.--So what pump did he bypass ??----What trouble shooting are you prepared to do ?----Have you replaced the water pump impeller ?----Is your motor overheating ?--What did this oil pump look like?-----Picture of this " oil pump " that was bypassed ?---Pictures of this motor ?----Or is it a 3 cylinder 25 / 35 HP Model ?

It is a 35 hp n it does have n oil injection that my husband took off. N yes he's mixing it at 50 to 1.it is not overheating it pumps water fine. He has checked all that. I'd send u pictures if I knew how to on this site but my tech skills aren't very good.

So it is a 3 cylinder 35 HP and not a 30 as the topic for post #1----That oil injection unit should have been thrown out long ago.----Post the compression test numbers here.---I have about 10 of these for parts / rebuilding.----Do not need a picture of one.

Think we may have figured it out...key switch is messed up not sure exactly what's going on with it but my husband's been messing with it he gets it running n stays running but we need a new key switch I think. Thought it was the sensors n he unplugged them n it ran great for bout 5 minutes...n yes we have it hooked up to the hose with bunny ears. Then it died...he was gonna start plugging in the sensors 1 at a time b4 he could it died. He had shut the switch off n when he started it again it ran rough for a minute then died so he thought it in the ignition switch. He been messing with that n it just turns over then he kept messing with it n then it starts.

Back