Logo

20a Ignition fuse blowing

Ed McG

I recently replaced the starter on my 2002 Glastron SX195 with Volvo 4.3L after back compartment flooded due to hose letting go and a bad Bilge pump fuse. Ran fine first 3 times out then engine stopped at mid throttle speed in middle of lake. Got it back to launch and trailered back home. After looking it over I noticed the 20a ignition fuse had blown. Replaced it and ran with muffs in driveway. Tested it 5 or 6 times off snd on before fuse blew again. My gut tells me unrelated to new starter since it was already started and running mid throttle speed when it stalled out in lake. Suggestions welcome.
thank you

I recently replaced the starter on my 2002 Glastron SX195 with Volvo 4.3L after back compartment flooded due to hose letting go and a bad Bilge pump fuse. Ran fine first 3 times out then engine stopped at mid throttle speed in middle of lake. Got it back to launch and trailered back home. After looking it over I noticed the 20a ignition fuse had blown. Replaced it and ran with muffs in driveway. Tested it 5 or 6 times off snd on before fuse blew again. My gut tells me unrelated to new starter since it was already started and running mid throttle speed when it stalled out in lake. Suggestions welcome.
thank you

an additional note to add: just messed around in driveway with this problem and determined the fuse blows on occasion when key is only partially turned (prior to engaging starter). Would this rule out a problem with the new starter ?

Back