Logo

1975 Glastron

Glastronpain

I have a 1975 Glastron. It has a 302 Ford engine, and 280 out drive. I have pulled the engine and out drive off, and replaced the bearing. I can’t seem to find the rear seal for this particular flywheel cover. It appears the seal is larger than the 35x62. There isn’t a snap ring for the seal. It appears to be stopped in by the shaft cylinder. The only number on the out drive is 2809526B, and the engine number is 302v0405.

I have a 1975 Glastron. It has a 302 Ford engine, and 280 out drive. I have pulled the engine and out drive off, and replaced the bearing. I can’t seem to find the rear seal for this particular flywheel cover. It appears the seal is larger than the 35x62. There isn’t a snap ring for the seal. It appears to be stopped in by the shaft cylinder. The only number on the out drive is 2809526B, and the engine number is 302v0405.
Can anyone help me figure out what the seal number is, or the size of it please.

Mine has only one groove for the snap rings. the schematic looks like it has 2 snap rings. i am attaching s photo of my flywheel cover. this is the tail side.

Attachments

• thumbnail (4).jpg
    thumbnail (4).jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
the bearing and snap ring are already installed. yes i have taken the shaft out to make sure there are no other grooves. i think if i measured correctly, the seal is 68mm. the bearing is 62mm os and 35mm is. the 62x35x7mm seal i purchased slides right in the hole to the bearing. i know this isn't right.

Last edited:
Back