Logo

wiring diagram

olddaddy75

I have a 1979 Chrysler model # 559H9L, Serial # 5276. I have a problem with the coils, and need a correct wiring diagram for them. I hace a repair manual that shows wires that are not there. Is this a Magneto Ignition (i don't think so, cause it shows NO coils), or a battery ignition w/alternator (it shows a blue wire to both coils, and there are no blue wires in the harness), or a magnapower CD ignition (it shows a white/gray wire to the upper coils and a gray wire to the lower coil, there is no gray wire in the harness) This is from a Clymer manual, and I have found Clymer for motorcycle or car to be very inaccurate. Can someone show me a correct wiring diagram and which motor I really have?

I think I figured it out, top coil is shorted as is the extra one that came with the motor. I need a FS474475 coil, 79 55 HP, magnapower, anyone have one?

I have a 1979 Chrysler model # 559H9L, Serial # 5276. I have a problem with the coils, and need a correct wiring diagram for them. I hace a repair manual that shows wires that are not there. Is this a Magneto Ignition (i don't think so, cause it shows NO coils), or a battery ignition w/alternator (it shows a blue wire to both coils, and there are no blue wires in the harness), or a magnapower CD ignition (it shows a white/gray wire to the upper coils and a gray wire to the lower coil, there is no gray wire in the harness) This is from a Clymer manual, and I have found Clymer for motorcycle or car to be very inaccurate. Can someone show me a correct wiring diagram and which motor I really have?
[FONT=&quot] I'm a massive fan of vintage cop cars I try to save as many of them as possible from demo derby fate. I have a pair of '73 Plymouth Fury's, a '77 Dodge Monaco, '77 Plymouth Gran Fury, '90 Caprice, and '94 Caprice (all cop package cars). But this thing is the holy grail to me. It's a '79 Newport Enforcer with a 360 engine 4bbl carb. The "R-Body" (on which this car is a part) was a response by Chrysler to industry wide downsizing. The stablemates to this car was the Dodge St. Regis, Plymouth Gran Fury (80-81), and Chrysler New Yorker. These cars didn't exactly sell very well to the general public but they sold decently to fleets. The R-Body only ran from 79 to 81.[/FONT]

Back