Logo

Mercury 2006 50HP 4 stroke EFI Voltage Regulator Repair

Milanu

Having identified a fault with the voltage regulator I ordered a replacement. On receipt I found the part boxed with correct part number quoted, in this case 893640T01. Currently fitted regulator has 5 wires, namely 2 yellow, 1 black, 1 grey and 1 red. The part received has 6 wires. 5 are as per mine fitted with the correct connectors/plugs, but there is a sixth wire of a reddish/brown colour.

The box it came in quotes some other part numbers for which this is supposedly a replacement for. Googling each of them, some of them are 5 wired, but a couple are 6.

It looks a relatively easy thing to take off the old and fit the new, but i am no boat electrician!

Just looking for some reassurance that the extra wire is indeed surplus to requirements in my case. Hopefully someone here has encountered this before?

ISSUE RESOLVED.

Sadly no advice received via the forum, but issue resolved via supplier of replacement part. The part I received does indeed fit other engine models and some of those engines require a 2nd 12v supply wire (reddy/brown colour). In my case I was advised to just ignore it. So i went ahead and fitted. Appears to work fine. Thought i would post here in case any other novices are faced with similar situ.

Back