Logo

Motor fuse bun out, 1976 Evinrude 75643D 75hp Outboard

Look for any bared red wires shorting to ground. You probably won't find any--that's too easy. Next get into the remote control

PS. I assume it is happening with the key turned off, right?

Look for any bared red wires shorting to ground. You probably won't find any--that's too easy. Next get into the remote control

PS. I assume it is happening with the key turned off, right?

Correct , would you think either neutral switch or key?
And thanks for the respond

It could be anywhere in any item or wire that is connected to the fuse when the key is off. I would rule out the neutral switch. It doesn't come into the picture till you turn the key to start. You say it blows with the key turned off.

I need to double check on when the key is off. I put the fuse in and then turn key. today I check for sure. Thanks

We are slowly getting enough information to make some sort of diagnosis. Now you say it burns out when you turn the key. Question back to you--turn the key to what position? Simply turning it to "ON" or turning it to "START"? Details make a difference.

So when did the problem start? Was it after some "work" was done on it? Is the boat stored outside? Power back to the kill wire will cost you a new power pack.

Just turn it on, not start. thinking to order a switch and replace it. Its old and only have one key. any other advice, I appreciate it.

I notice when I am driving it sputtered a few times like it was skipping thinking like not getting gas. maybe it was cutting out on ground. Guessing

Terminal block number 5, I disconnected it when I turned it to run position and it blew the fuse. My issue is the other way down the line. remote control Good thought thanks

Back