Logo

95 model 115 Mariner Stall Problems

Mark61

This engine is giving me a fit. It will start and run fine for 20-30 minutes. Will die and not restart.
a few hours later, or the next morning, it will start and run fine... after leaving me stranded on the lake...
I have replaced most of the parts that would be associated with a fuel problem...new filters, gas line, primer bulb, etc. Someone suggest the stator was getting hot and breaking down. I replaced the stator and still having the same problem. I brought a few tools to the lake with me today and tested the engine at the plugs when it shut down. There is no fire at the spark plugs. I’m sure the engine will start and run fine again later today or in the morning. Any ideas what to test next?

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks Jeff.

The engine fired right off this morning. I haven’t tested the switch box (will have to get the procedure)
but why would the engine continue to die after 20-30 minutes on the water? This has happened the last 4 or 5 times I’ve taken it out for test...Is something heating up and killing a circuit in the switch box?
water flow from the pisser seems to not be as strong as it used to be...but still a pretty good stream.
is there a heat sensor somewhere that may be killing the engine? Water coming out of the engine is warm, but I can hold my hand under it?

Back