Logo

1989 ProV 150 bogging down

jeffash99

Had issues last year with motor just loading up - bogging down when you hit the throttle. Would run good, then when you stopped or when slow, just wouldn’t go full power. Wouldn’t even get on plane. Because the guy I bought it from barely used it, the mechanic has rebuilt the carbs maybe three times. He said he would rebuild again but he’s sure his problems were lack of use. So, I had carbs rebuilt, then the pick up valves ( L) on top of tank replaced, and the fuel gauge floats replaced (1989 Ranger 374V - two 14 gallon tanks). After carbs were rebuilt, it ran perfect and then these power up issues started.

Motor seemed to run great first four times out. Today, a repeat of last year. Motor runs great, starts right up, then either it will act like it’s out of gas or after stopping or idling ( no wake areas), it will not go on plane or give full power. You can idle at high RPM’s, sometimes it sounds like it missing, but not always, then eventually, it will go back to full throttle and runs like a champ. Ran absolutely perfect first times out, then today, bogged down after we slowed going though no wake zone.

I’ve read carb issue ( rebuilt last year by very good mechanic), primer bulb, fuel pump, gas cap???

HELP! It’s a 89 with low hours but something is old.. just don’t want to continue throwing money at maybe’s…

Back