Logo

1968 3hp cowling seal

LRM2

Coming along nicely on my JW-23A project, and moving on from mechanical to some more cosmetic issues. The stapled-on gasket that seals the cowling to the motor is in fair shape at best. Original part (0314095) is not available anywhere I've looked (and might have dry rot anyway after 50+ years). I know some other engines have cowling seals that have internal clips that clip onto the edge of the fiberglass cowling, and I wonder if one of those might work. Has anyone had success in finding alternatives to the original stapled on gasket?
Thanks!
Lewis

Thanks. He doesn't list my part number, or my motor, but it looks like there might be something there that would work.

Peter will know what fits.-------I think type 4 will fit.----The 3 HP cowling seal in 1968 was likely the same as the 69 and latter 4 HP.---Shows same part #

Racerone, that's the one I was thinking would fit. Once I know for sure, I'll post a reply just to close the loop for future searches.

The seal for the 3 HP ( only marketed in 68 ) has the same part # as most of the later 4 HP models up to at least 78 !-----These motors were essentially all the same.

Right...as you may know....the 68 was the only year for the 3 hp and a removable upper cowling. 67 and older were fuel tanks on top.

Back