Logo

3.0 OMC Will run and die right after

bm10538

Like the title says I just got a good deal on a 1995 Four Winns with a 3.0 OMC motor, it’s got gas, compression, and spark. The motor starts up for about 1-2 seconds at a time and will die, but it starts right back up again as soon as it dies. I’ve tried starting fluid while running but it still dies, all ignition systems are at-least partially new. I’m wondering if there is a kill switch other than the one you clip to you? (I took that out and bypassed it, same thing) or some other electrical issue? Anything will help! Thanks! I’ve got a video but this is my first post and still trying to figure it out lol

Ayuh,..... It sounds like the key switch is supplin' voltage to the ignition, in the Start position, but droppin' the voltage in the run position,......

The ignition circuit is the purple wires,....
The start circuit is the yellow/ red wires,....

Ayuh,..... It sounds like the key switch is supplin' voltage to the ignition, in the Start position, but droppin' the voltage in the run position,......

The ignition circuit is the purple wires,....
The start circuit is the yellow/ red wires,....

I like bondos post. I think to test it you could turn key to run position and test the positive post of the coil.

Back