Logo

Powerdrive v2 w/autopilot wiring explanation

cxgibson

This may not be a great title, but here is my dilemma. A friend of mine had a 12V 55lb V2 with the iPilot upgrade. We decided to swap his iPilot unit onto a 70# 24 volt V2 unit that I had kicking around. After that was done, I wanted to put his unit back together to work with the foot pedal, however I noticed that the control board, which is a 2304066 AutoPilot board, and doesn't have the black and white wires on it to go to the steering motor. The wires coming off the board are yellow, brown, green and red (and a black and red pair for the battery gauge). Does anyone know if any of those 4 wires are the equivalent of the black and white that would be on a non-AP board? The unit never had the AP head on it, and the coil cord is the 2 wire and not the multi-wire that would be on an AP motor, so I am guessing that Minn Kota had a surplus of AP control boards and used these for their iPilot motors. I would very much appreciate any advice about if and what wires I can connect the black and white wires from the steering motor to.

Back