Logo

Outboard bogs when acceleration/full throttle

t0mmen

My engine is a mariner 9,9hp/15hp 1994 short shaft (Its the same engine and everything as the yamaha 9,9/15hp 1994)
Ive changede all my fuel lines, changed fuel filter, cleaned the carb 5-10times, with ultrasonic cleaner, changed alot of gaskets, sparkplugs. But still the same issue.
The bogging is some what inconsistent. Sometimes it bogs immediatly when givving thorttle, othertimes it takes 1-2 seconds then it bogs down.
Ive also changed the reed valve to make it a 15hp engine. Cleaned all the jets, checked the fuel pump (looks good) and it pumps fuel to the fuel filter, when the fuel gets low. Do you guys have any suggestions? Compression also checks out on both cylinders.
Important to note, the engine runs "fine" when the choke is almost all the way on.
Also, the engine starts and idles perfectly. But bogs when full throttle or accelerating.
I have also tried adjusting the air/fuel (idle) mixture screw. All the way closed, all the way open, 1.5turns, well... Everything with the mixture screw. And no difference there.
I have also used some high quality gasket sealer between the manifold and the reed valve, and a tiny bit between the carb and manifold, just to be sure there isnt any airleaks causing the bog there.

Back