Logo

cracks behind battery??

KbSeaRay

Hi guys/gals. I'm selling my boat and want to be 100% honest. A guy asked me what these cracks are and I don't know. They have been there for at least the 2 years that I owned the boat. Seems like it is where the top half joins the bottom half. There's nothing on the outside that shows any marks at all. And in the rear of the inside of boat its the only area that has this cracking. ThanksIMG_4921 S.JPGIMG_4906 S.JPGIMG_4921 S.JPGIMG_4906 S.JPG

My SWAG??? !!! ..... factory dropped top half of boat on floor before bonding it to the bottom half.... If it was due to an impact to the stern, there would be at least a craze mark outside..... unless it is an impact and someone did a good cosmetic repair to the outside.

My SWAG??? !!! ..... factory dropped top half of boat on floor before bonding it to the bottom half.... If it was due to an impact to the stern, there would be at least a craze mark outside..... unless it is an impact and someone did a good cosmetic repair to the outside.

That makes sense. Thanks. swag?

That makes sense. Thanks. swag?
Scientific wild ***** guess, as oppossed to just a simple guess....

if it hasnt cracked on the outside I dont think its anything to worry about. If the guy wants a new boat tell him to open his wallet more...

I'd say it doesn't look like any impact damage....if the material in the 'gap' solid or soft??? my guess is they put a sealer in there and it didn't stick too well because of the release compound...

Back