Logo

alarm on Triton

goodman

I am 85 YO man and have a Triton 2005 TR-186 with a Mercury 150 HP 2 stroke XR6 engine. When I got the used boat, all good. Then the alarm would start beeping after running the boat for a few minutes. I have replaced the water pump and the 2 thermostats. Now though when I turn the key on before I start the boat, the alarm starts sounding. The local boat repair shop told me to check the 2 sensors on each side of the engine. How do I check a sensor? I hate to totally disable the alarm in case there should really be something wrong that would cause more problems and more expense.

Ayuh,.... Just unplug the sensor, 'n the alarm should stop,.....

They work by goin' to ground, to sound the alarm,....

sorry but inexperienced with what you wrote--"the sensor" is that the heat sensor or the "sensor" that is causing the continuous beeping? Once you identify for me what the word "sensor" means, can you please tell me where/how to unplug? when I looked up under the dash, i see the 2 wires connected to the piece that is emitting the beeping, but I see no way to unplug those wires. There is nothing going to a fuse box. I also have been told that if I unplugged this making the sound, maybe it would reset itself. But again I do not see how to unplug. Appreciate you trying to help me. is it permissible to give my phone number if that would be easier?

The local boat repair shop told me to check the 2 sensors on each side of the engine. How do I check a sensor?

Ayuh,.... Those sensors,.... unplug one, 'n try it,.... then the same for the other,.....

No phone numbers, unless you love spam calls,....

Back