Logo

V4 130 looper double firing on bank 2

Emann1981

I marked TDC for each cylinder on the flywheel.
When I hook up a timing light to the plug wires on cylinders 2 and 4 they both show to be firing on both cylinders 2&4 at TDC.
As in what i see when the light flashes is a mix of the numbers 2&4 flashing. Its really weird.
Cylinders 1 and 3 seem to be firing normal. As I only see a 1 or a 3 when the timing light is hooked up to eother of those plug wires. ANY HELP??

I already replaced the CDI with a brand new one. Same problem.

Update. I OHM tested everything that I could with my multi-meter.

All 4 ignition coils are EXACTLY The same readings .4 ohms primary and 274 ohms secondary.

Tested sensor/timer/trigger BOTH SIDES. The 4 pin connector was within range at 132 ohms on ALL wires and the 5 pin connector had 42 ohms on each wire which is also within range. I also tested all 8 wires from the timer base for ground faults and found nothing .

I tested the STATOR both power and charge coils . "Power" side had 110 ohms and "charging" side had 430 ohms.

The ONLY thing that didn't test within specs was the "power' side of the stator that goes to the CDI. Per specifications its supposed to be within 93-100 ohms and tested at 110 ohms

Back