Logo

2003 Honda 130hp High Pressure Fuel Filter Leak?

andrew.honda130

Hello,

I had my 2003 Honda 130HP (BZBE1401883) outboard in for service earlier this year and they replaced my fuel filters. Engine was running well but after a long, bump trailer trip home from the cottage I appear to have developed a slow leak at one of the screws on what I believe part of the high pressure fuel pump/injector...disclaimer, I am no mechanic! ;) I found the screw to be loose and was able to tighten it by hand but was worried about over tightening. The leak has slowed down but still leaks.

Here is a pic of the leak:
leaky screw.jpg

Here is a pic to provide context as to where the leak is:
View attachment 27367

I think it might be the washer, which I believe to be part #30 in the following diagram.

https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/outboard-by-year/2003/bf130a3-xa-vin-bzbe-1400001-to-bzbe-1499999/fuel-pipe

I've been in contact with my marina but they are really busy and most likely will take awhile to get back to me so I am hopeful someone on here might have some advice. I am thinking my next step should be to take the screw out and check the washer, if it appears to be ok then maybe I just need to tighten the screw down more?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Andrew

UPDATE: I found the root of the problem was not the washer at all. It appears that when the marina serviced the engine they left part of the gasket exposed and it is now pinched between two parts. Does anyone know what the part number is for this gasket?

IMG_5853.jpgIMG_5855.jpg

Thank you!

Back