Logo

Bf9. 9d/10d

JanS48

BF9. 9D/10/D
BABJ - 1810368

Can someone tell me what year this motor is?

I purchased along with an inflatable a little over a year ago. The seller at the time said the motor still had two years left on the factory warranty but I've yet to tell if that is true.

At any rate the motor is truly like brand new - short shaft - tiller - manual start. It looks and runs like new.

This motor did not work well with the inflatable it was on [ 10ft Brig ] wide open it would not bring it to plane and the rear would squat down something awful. I've since put an old Nissan 8 two stroke on it which works WAY better - although I hate the noise of the 2 stroke.

So what would be a good asking price for this motor with about 30 hours on it? I see them going for about 2k is that about right?

Thanks in advance
Jan

https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda/outboard-by-hp-serial-range/9-9hp

If you scroll down to the BABJ-180XXXX in the link it indicates that your outboard is later than 2007. How much later I don't know. I would guess around 2009 to 2011 but it's just a guess. A "wag" really.

You will probably need to contact a currently operating Honda dealer to get an exact date. I can't find an accurate data base for anything newer than 2007 but maybe someone else here has the info.

As far as the price goes, $2000 sounds about right for a 9.9 in excellent condition such as yours but it's going to be connected with your location and the available inventory on the used market.

Where I am near San Diego, I believe that outboard might not fetch that much. It would probably be a $1200 to $1500 outboard around here since there are many for sale locally. But again, excellent condition is a good thing to the right buyer.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back