Logo

Chrysler 707HF 70 1973 no spark

Tvremote132

Hello all. I have what I believe is a 73’ Chrysler 70 model 707HF was sitting for 5 years cleaned the carbs and fired up ran like a champ. Got it out on the lake and no start. No spark is what I’ve found so far. Motor had compression on all three cylinders and each cylinder is getting fuel just no spark. I’m not to familiar with the old point system distributor. I removed the black box and capacitor and replaced/ rewired new automotive style one in. Blue and red wire onto positive side of cap and ground and white with black stripe coming off dis. To ground on cap.also added condenser to distribtor Still no darn spark. I visually inspected the point system and has gap the thickness of a business card and making contact when closed. I’m somewhat at a loss not to sure what to check at this point can anyone lead me in the right direction?

Using your card it,s is a bit too thick .the correct gap is 0.014 you could have used a 4 cylinder car coil with a ballast resistor and a condenser it will do the same job.

Back