Logo

50hp Force no spark

mark r king

I am not getting spark from my bottom plug.

It starts, and the throttle is fine, but has no power when in the water. Just lags around.

I am getting the coil for that plug checked.

Any further help would be great, thank you

Just swap the coils around and if the spark follows the change?? spark change holes? then the coil could be bad??
When asking questions??? make sure you add the year and model and serial #s if possible.
The 50 over time used 2 different ignition systems and the model/year will help figure out the problem.

Just swap the coils around and if the spark follows the change?? spark change holes? then the coil could be bad??
When asking questions??? make sure you add the year and model and serial #s if possible.
The 50 over time used 2 different ignition systems and the model/year will help figure out the problem.

model# 508F90D So I did figure out that it is not the coil. I have two blue coils, and a blue box under them, the one white wire coming from that box is not sending spark. when I hook the blue wire to the other coil, it then sparks.

So, is the rectangle box bad, or could it be a broken wire?

Thanks again. Just bought the boat this season, the previous owner did not know the year of the motor.

The blue coils and blue pack tells us it's the Prestolite system.
No spark from the white wire?? doesn't work like that.
The no spark on one cyl. can be the stator, the trigger, the flywheel key, or the pack, once you do all the tests and the components are ok then the pack might be bad? The stator can test good and still be bad :(
outboardignitiondotcom has test procedures for most of the components, you'll need an analog type meter for the basic tests, the more advanced will need a DVA or Peak Reading Voltmeter.
The trigger: the leads from the trigger are very thin and break under the shrink wrap at the
connectors, just pull on them and see if they come loose?

Back