Logo

1955 Chris Craft won't idle

jlash

I recently replaced the paragon transmission on my 1955 Chris Craft KBL on my 17 ft Sportsman. Ever since won't idle and has a hard time to keep running. Doesn't matter if it is in neutral or gear. Is there a way to adjust the transmission or is it more likely to be a carburetor issue? I know can adjust transmission if slipping in forward and also the reverse band. But in neutral seems like there should be no load on the engine.

there shouldn't be any load in neutral....make sure the cable controlling the gear is properly adjusted to make sure it goes fully into FWD and REV and N should be no problem....

I'd make sure the point gap is correct and the timing is on spec before getting into the carb...

there shouldn't be any load in neutral....make sure the cable controlling the gear is properly adjusted to make sure it goes fully into FWD and REV and N should be no problem.... I'd make sure the point gap is correct and the timing is on spec before getting into the carb...
That is what I figured, just must be coincidence that the transmission was replaced and then this started to happen. I will check all the obvious things like spark plugs, timing, fuel filter, etc before diving into the carb.

Back