Logo

350 MAG MPI Electrical issue no start

nigb

Hi,
New to this forum so grateful for any help with this.
Long story short purchased 2006 Rinker 250 Express & had a heap of work done on it including new transom, Manifolds & risers, Starter motor, fuel cooler & Wiring removed & engine painted.
Unfortunately we didn't do a full sea trial prior to purchase as boat had a water leak into bilge from Bravo 3 drive & we had to return to marina pronto. Motor was running a little rough at low revs
Motor started straight away after refit but was still running rough at low revs. Mechanic noticed distributor had a broken screw lug on it & also felt that it was also 1 tooth out which was possibly causing rough running.
Roll on 2 weeks & the only things changed are I installed new batteries & mechanic replaced the distributor with 2nd hand one along with resetting the timing.
Now the motor cranks but won't start. Can't hear pump priming. Have power to (new) main power relay 86 & 30 but it is not getting switching signal from ECM pin 22 & hence pump relay doesn't switch. Have checked fuses, continuity of wiring to relay, connectors & wiring to no avail. Mechanic has spent a few hours on it including wiring from gear shift/throttle. He doesn't have a diagnostic tool but can get access to one though he says it wouldn't help in this situation.
I cant get access to boat at moment as we are currently in lockdown here (frustrating!)
Is there an input to ECM I can check that might cause this issue of pin 22 not enabling?
Thanks

350 Relays.JPG

Back