Logo

Does it matter if the PCV vs the breather is on Port or SB Side?

akintosyali

The engine is sitting on an angle, so the valve cover hole on Port side it sitting 3" higher than the starboard valve cover hole.
I do get some blow by due to the engine being a 1965 426B (points). I sometimes get oil from the oil stic tube of the port engine, which has the PCV valve on the SB valve cover (lower than the breather). DO you think swapping whicj valve cover the breather vs the PCV valve connects makes a difference?

............. DO you think swapping whicj valve cover the breather vs the PCV valve connects makes a difference?

It really shouldn't .................. that is if your oil is draining back properly and not held up in the valve cover by sludge build up.

Blow-by can create sludge over time as well as minor coolant leaks. Excessive blow by may cause the the system to not keep up.

What were your compression test statistics?

It really shouldn't .................. that is if your oil is draining back properly and not held up in the valve cover by sludge build up.

Blow-by can create sludge over time as well as minor coolant leaks. Excessive blow by may cause the the system to not keep up.

What were your compression test statistics?

7 of them 120-140 all around
one 110

Tough call. The 110 could be the issue, it surely contributes. Was 110 cyl. wet (oil added to cylinder) or dry?

The only specs I have for a 426B say's the 110 is low........
426b.jpg

Back