Logo

Parsun 9.9 Cylindre misfire

Harmony Music

Hello , Im new here ,,, I was told that my Parsun 9.9 is identical to a Yamaha !!! Therefore here goes !!!

My Parsun is a 2 cylinder single coil that has a misfire when hot , I have to kill the motor and restart it and it runs fine again for a little while !!!

Heres my question , Can a single coil to 2 plugs cause only 1 cylindre to misfire or would it not fire at all
( I changed the plugs ) same symptoms

I tried testing the coil with my multi meter set to holms 200 , I un-pluged the black and red wires and tested at the plug end and the wire end , I could not get a reading

It also has 3 coils that I call the magnito under the flywheel and a CDI ignition !!!

I would like to confirm before I start trowing parts around !!!

Any help would be gratly appreciated !!! Thanks a Bunch Lads and Ladys

If Im not mistaken its a Parsun F 9.9 bm F 15 , mine is the 9.9 Undercarbed . I was also talking to specialits that recomended me to first try a can of sea foam and 94 oct pump gas , as my misfire is intermitant and not specific to heat , because I can simply sut down the engine and emediatly restart it and it runs fine , I also found a part source located in B.C where I can get all the electrical components for 400 $ , the coils under the flywheel , CDI and ignition coil to the plugs , for 400 $ delivered ! Im hoping a can of sea foam and 94 oct gas will do the trick !
because the misfire only occurs after I throttle down the engine ! I will keep updating my progress , I just need a couple weeks !
Thanks for the interst !

Its a papper tag outside of the motor witch is faded that I cant read it ! Ill look again in a bit but pretty shure its the only one , keep in mind that ist in the water , there should be an other one inside the cowling !
But its an F 9.9 F 15 , its basicly a 15 hp undercarbed to 9.9 ... I guess before the under 10hp lisence wasent needed but now even a kayak with an electric toy motor needs an operators card !
If you get cault with a drill on your padleboard , chances are you pay a fine ! lol

https://parsundistributorcanada.com...ategory-selection-page/f9-9-f15-electrical-1/

Oh sorry I thaught you meant the motor in general ! The cdi is well beeried under the cassing , and mine has no starter motor but all the holes and brakets are ther to accomodate the strater , it must of been an option to have a pull start or roll over !

Without knowing certain information I cannot even hazard a guess as to what you have. If it is made by Yamaha what US model is it similar to?

I did , they told me they had bad reviews on diag and pretty much everybody told them they should give there parts away for free ! lol
But , I did contact a bunch of places and came to realise that a good place to start would be a can of sea foam in the tank to loosen up carbon build up on the valves and such , 94 pump gas for 2 to 3 tanks and then to super gas , if the problem persists , the replacing of parts in this order would be ,,,
Coil to the plugs then the 3 stater coils under the flywheel ( actualy 2 but looks like 3 , 2 are joined ) as they can cause the cdi to fail and finaly the cdi , all for 400 $ , I did however find my ignition coil on amazon for 60 $ I will start with the can of seafoam and the coil as its very easy to replace and good maintenance , the coils under the flywheel and the cdi are going to take a couple hours and are the most expensive , not shure if ill need a puller for the flywheel ( probably ) the cdi goes for 184 $ and the stater coils are 60 $ and 35 $ or so ! see what happens !
https://parsundistributorcanada.com...ategory-selection-page/f9-9-f15-electrical-1/

I did , they told me they had bad reviews on diag and pretty much everybody told them they should give there parts away for free ! lol <br>But , I did contact a bunch of places and came to realise that a good place to start would be a can of sea foam in the tank to loosen up carbon build up on the valves and such , 94 pump gas for 2 to 3 tanks and then to super gas , if the problem persists , the replacing of parts in this order would be ,,, <br>Coil to the plugs then the 3 stater coils under the flywheel ( actualy 2 but looks like 3 , 2 are joined ) as they can cause the cdi to fail and finaly the cdi , all for 400 $ , I did however find my ignition coil on amazon for 60 $ I will start with the can of seafoam and the coil as its very easy to replace and good maintenance , the coils under the flywheel and the cdi are going to take a couple hours and are the most expensive , not shure if ill need a puller for the flywheel ( probably ) the cdi goes for 184 $ and the stater coils are 66 $ and 40 $ or so ! see what happens !
If yous check the parts list , its number 8 , 9 and 14 total of 370 + 30$ shipping !

LOL !!! Well , im starting to think its water in my gas that probably formed a bit of gel in the carb ! My fault is definitly NOT heat related !!! I took it out just now for one last test before throwing cash around , and came to the conclusion that it's carb related !!! It did the ruff idle again and I simply throttled down and back up very very slowly and bingo it goes again !!! So I added a bit of StaBill in the tank , but worst case scenario , Ill just clean the carb again !!! But I will defenitly add a can of seafoam !!! I will keep updating my progress when I confirm 100 % !!! And maybe next summer I'll invest in the carb to boost it up to a 15 hp !!! I dont know why they bothered on Under carbing such a nice motor , The upgraded carb is 380 $ , Maybe strap a Holly double pumper on the thing !!! And it definatly is a Yamaha motor !!! In amazon type f15 coil !!! Yamaha , Parsun comes up !!! Same Same thing !!! And super gas from now on !!!

Last edited:
Well , what a bust , cleaned the carb and same thing , Im just ganna bite the bullet and replace all electrical !!! I had the chance to observe one last detail , The charging light at the front of the cowling is speradic , on and off when it starts to act up , witch is telling me that the stator coils are faulty !!! I wish there was a way to diag the CDI 180 $ , O well here goes 400 $ !!!
But strange thing , when it starts to act up I can turn off the motor and start it back up and it runs , now ... less and less and little in between !!! The motor is still in good shape starts first pull given that its on the explosion stroke , I guess it will be worth the 400 $ to be done with !!!

I just found an other post , and buddy discribed my fault to a T ,,, light comes on , he turns of the motor and starts it back up again and it runs fine for 5 to 10 mins . Oil pressur switch , witch is why I never noticed my light until now ! I think Ill start there !

PROBLEM SOLVED , PROBLEM SOLVED , PROBLEM SOLVED
I disconected the oil pressur switch wire and taped it up ! Took it out for a ride for a good hour .
PROBLEM SOLVED

Back