Logo

Help with front panel /Tilt Trim/Charge/Live well

CPSTECH

I am not a boat guy. So as I am what I would consider average intelligence or maybe just above I enjoy figuring things out. However, DC is lost on me. I took my volt meter and checked voltage on the leads into the switches. I have 12 volts to the 12v terminal on the trolling motor. Its an old "Hawg" that was working last year but not the other day when I tried.

I have no idea what the 2-12v charge and the 12/24v Run is supposed to do. Need help with that one? What should be hot I think I only found voltage on the bottom wire on that switch. Don't know if that is all that is supposed to or not. Switch itself feels like its bad. Doesn't seem to lock into place and only moves a fraction when pushing up or down.

Live well works. Switch still good on it.

Tilt/ Trim does nothing. Switch feels shot also but I find no voltage on any of the three wires. I will try and follow wires to see if they have been cut or lost connection later.

Boat is a 1978 Phantom Water Witch, in which I can find no pictures and no info online. I'm hoping you all just have general knowledge of this technology and can help a man out. Thank you all in advance.

image1.jpg
image0.jpg

I did find the three wires coming from the front controls that are from the tilt trim. They are cut at the back of the boat. 2 white wires and 1 red. Obviously, there is an up and down wire and a ground. Logically, i would think I could tie in on the existing, working switch but logically doesn't work for me with 12 volt wiring.

I did find the three wires coming from the front controls that are from the tilt trim. They are cut at the back of the boat. 2 white wires and 1 red. Obviously, there is an up and down wire and a ground. Logically, i would think I could tie in on the existing, working switch but logically doesn't work for me with 12 volt wiring.

Ayuh,..... Those would be, Power, Up, 'n Down wires,.....

With 12v dc wirin', the ground usually takes place at the appliance,....

Back