Logo

2004 (MEFI4) Crusader 6.0 MAP sensor question

OnPlaneDrifter

Hi, I'm looking to replace the map sensors on my engines. Crusader lists the part number as R020036 but they are pricey. Is there an OEM alternative? I've seen several from GM/AC Delco that look identical but I'm guessing it's not that simple... just looking for confirmation, I really hate over paying for something. Thanks!!

Why? is the first question....they really don't 'wear out'...

The Crusader part is extremely likely to be a re-boxed GM unit so you concept of paying more than necessary if valid. many times, you can find a GM number on the sensor itself. The naturally aspirated engines typically take a one Bar sensor so the issue is 'fitting' - both the location and the connector.

I'd say make use of your favorite search engine...just make sure that any image that appear are the actual part vs a representative one...if you find a viable part, you can usually visit your local supplier and 'touch it'...

Thanks for the reply! I was experiencing a lot of idle hunting on startup and when throttling down on both engines. The port engine was also hunting for its RPM at around 1200 (both scenarios in neutral). I replaced the port engine MAP sensor and after the computer, I'm guessing, "relearned", I noticed the idle hunt and throttle down hunt virtually gone. So I was going to try to change the Starboard engine MAP as well.

Why? is the first question....they really don't 'wear out'...

The Crusader part is extremely likely to be a re-boxed GM unit so you concept of paying more than necessary if valid. many times, you can find a GM number on the sensor itself. The naturally aspirated engines typically take a one Bar sensor so the issue is 'fitting' - both the location and the connector.

I'd say make use of your favorite search engine...just make sure that any image that appear are the actual part vs a representative one...if you find a viable part, you can usually visit your local supplier and 'touch it'...

ok...i didn't get any hints of problems from your first post, hence the inquiry...

If you have problems finding a 'reasonably' priced one, try to post a pic of the old one...

Back