Logo

1991 evinrude 40 lei

Cjpaassens

Hi everyone, I bought a boat today that is definitely a classic and has a 40 LEI outboard on it. I have tried searching everywhere even searching these forums but haven’t been able to figure out what my outboard is? I wondered if anyone could tell me is my engine 2 or 4 stroke? And how to I tilt it? If anyone could help me with a link to a spec sheet or an owners manual I would be very appreciative.

Post the complete model #------I do not believe Evinrude marketed a 4 stroke 40 in 1991.----Do you see a dip stick anywhere ?----A timing belt anywhere?----A separate oil tank mounted in the boat ?-------Oil drain location for the engine oil ?------Suggest you find an owners manual and read it before turning the key.----Sorry to be so blunt.

Post the complete model #------I do not believe Evinrude marketed a 4 stroke 40 in 1991.----Do you see a dip stick anywhere ?----A timing belt anywhere?----A separate oil tank mounted in the boat ?-------Oil drain location for the engine oil ?------Suggest you find an owners manual and read it before turning the key.----Sorry to be so blunt.

it’s full model is AE40BALEIA, I’m really keen to find an owners manual if anyone can help with that?

Back