Logo

Desperate for a part!! 1996 Force 50hp motor

TrappernGa

To make a long story short, I got taken on a recent boat buy with the listed motor. The owner and his wife told me that they had taken the boat out 2 weeks prior to my buying it and it ran fine. The motor does run fine, with good compression etc. The problem is, that it won't go into gear. The local marine repair shop said the shift shaft assembly is broken and they can't find the part for it to repair it. The wife and I saved for 2 years to buy a used boat and motor so we could fish out our retirement, and now we have a good boat with a bad motor.
So with all that being said, if anyone can help us we would be grateful. We are looking for part number 821483A5 shift shaft assembly for a 1996 Force 50 hp motor. We don't have the funds to buy another motor and truly are doing our best to find this part. The 50 and 40 hp 1996 and 1997 both share the same part.
Thank you for listening,
Trapper View attachment Force part.pdfView attachment Force part.pdf

Those kind of parts hardly ever go bad, this makes them impossible to find. :(
The part only fits 1996-1999 50 hp.
Search outboard salvage Marine salvage or make up something on google?

I would repair it if I could, but you have to pull the power head off and the hook part is made of plastic and slides onto the shaft. The plastic broke and the pieces are gone.

[h=3]Trapper Glatzer <[email protected]>[/h]
6:42 AM (3 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

[h=3]Trapper Glatzer <[email protected]>[/h]
6:42 AM (3 hours ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

I would repair it if I could, but you have to pull the power head off and the hook part is made of plastic and slides onto the shaft. The plastic broke and the pieces are gone.

Back