Logo

Johnson 50 hp 50esl74m

Cleanup

Hi guys

i have am old johnson motor when i crank it it won't start sometimes it tries but stops right away..

i try testing fire with a sparkplug tester but shows no fire any idea why it won't start where should i start looking

thank you

Last edited:
How did it run for you last season ?----Start with a load test of the battery.----Then take starter apart for inspection Ohm check.----Inspect battery cables.----No money spent so far.

How did it run for you last season ?----Start with a load test of the battery.----Then take starter apart for inspection Ohm check.----Inspect battery cables.----No money spent so far.

it run just fine started to do this this year, battery fully charge, starter turn fast and correctly it's new from last year

OK i have new

tried something i've seen on the web shoot brake cleaner in the 2 carbs tried to start but didn't i removed the face from the carbs opened drain plugs top carb nothing drained from it but bottom carb drained a lot..

now i'm out of ideas if anyone can help please

The top carburetor empty ???-----Stop trying to run this motor.----No fuel going into the top cylinder means no oil either !!----Fix the blockage in the top carburetor or lines to the top carburetor !

The top carburetor empty ???-----Stop trying to run this motor.----No fuel going into the top cylinder means no oil either !!----Fix the blockage in the top carburetor or lines to the top carburetor !

I checked maybe the connections to the carburetors was mix up but doesn't seems to trying to figure out why no gas to top one but could it be because of fuel pump i noticed it wasn't the right one for this motor?

the guys that had it before me used part from a 60hp johnson i think it has an unplugged hose coming from the pump

anyway i ordered the right fuel pump for this motor

fuel pump on it right now look like this
0438559.jpg
and the one suposed to be there looks like this one
0438556.jpg

Last edited:
Back