Logo

marine power 340HP no communication with ECM detected on scanner and dash

stang32

Regular Contributor
i am working on a 2008 marine power and it started fine this season, but once in the water she died after running like crap, now i get no crank, dash info says no power detected from ECM. i
also, if anyone knows were the engine info is located, i would like to see that as well. its a small block engine so im guessing its a 6.0

i checked power the the main breaker on top of the engine, thats ok, battery is good, i jumped the starter and the engine spins. but turning the key gets nothing, no fuel pump hum, no solenoids clicking.
after a deep search, i finally found the DLC and scanner read " no ecm detected" , so i am now trying to run down why suddenly she would run poorly and then shut down completely with no power to ecm after that.

im not sure if this is a MEFI 4,5 or 6. i don't think is a 6 because that diagram shows individual coil packs.
the one i have has the traditional crap style distributor/cap

thanks guys

usually, you can unbolt the ecu and flip it over where the GM part number decal is applied. typically 'no ecu' messages are from bad connections or mangled cables....I'd start by making sure the main relay was in good shape and was passing the full 12VDC to the ecu and that the ECU grounds are all tight...I'm sure the correct MEFI manual will give you additional check points...

Back