Logo

2011 Yamaha 70 hp 4 str fuel issue (F70LA model)

jtmac2011

Engine runs great at high rpms however it starves itself of fuel at low rpm (when trolling). Serviced on multiple dates for same issue during the past year. All fuel related delivery systems cleaned and or replaced. Engine will troll for 10 minutes, sputter for a few seconds, then stall. Primer bulb is then used to recharge the fuel system and all is fine for another 10 minutes. Boat has an internal fuel tank system but problem persists with a portable tank. Technicians are at a loss. Can anyone help?

Yamaha outboard 2004 2 stroke 150 V6
broke bottom of curved skeg : have the piece that broke off: I am trying to find a local welder close to Cromwell, Ct to weld back on. Can anyone out there assist me? 860-262-4555
[email protected]
Thank you in advance.

No fuel leaks detected when system is primed. Strange that my problem only happens at low rpm. Priming refills the VST and the engine runs great until the VST runs itself dry from low rpm operation. However, higher rpms keeps the fuel system charged.

Has anyone had an issue with an air lock in the VST? I.E. If the VST can't vent itself during low speed filling, could the back pressure from the trapped air prevent the lift pump from filling the VST? Just a guess.

Back