Logo

4.3 efi alarm issue

kensampson

hello all i'm new here so bare with me please ! i have a 1998 2052 trophy with a efi 4.3 bravo 1 leg lately i been getting a random alarm no ryhme nor reason why it may last a second it may last 1/2 second and it may not come on for an hour or it may come on when ever at any speed , Now my gear oil level is good ! my temp stays at a constant 175 and oil pressure is 40 psi at idle . so i tried unplugging the piggy back tank for gear oil sensor alarm still went off then i unplugged the temp sending unit and it still came on i should add i have 14 volts charging as well ! im stumped on please help where do i look now

The start battery is just for starting the engine then the alternator takes over the the boat's electrical load while the engine is running. 14 volts is fine.

no i believe there is a low gear oil alarm and temperature alarm and one of those are going off randomly
Correct oil pressure temp and gear lube level are the three possibilites. Disvonnect these sensors one by one and see it it goes away. Obviously need to verify oil pressure, temp, lube level are ok .

Correct oil pressure temp and gear lube level are the three possibilites. Disvonnect these sensors one by one and see it it goes away. Obviously need to verify oil pressure, temp, lube level are ok .

I did unplug them all but oil pressure and it still went off but oil pressure was at 40 psi

now i was out yesterday thought i had it fixed cruising at 3500 rpms and it just died and wont start back up until its cold so i changed the ignition module in distributor but didnt fix the issue and i still have an alarm wondring if it could be the oil pressure switch or the spark module to cause all of this?? alarm seems to be present more at higher rpms

Back